Friday, March 28, 2008
What a week!!
Little did I know when I blogged on Tuesday what the week would hold. On Tuesday Jenny and I went to Raleigh...we both had dr. appointments so we were going to tag team with the children at the drs. office then run errands. My appt. was first...my doctor checked me and said I was in no danger of going into labor early...then she went to check on some tests they had run the week before. When she came back she had a complete personality change and was very serious all of a sudden. My tests came back positive for a rare condition in pregancy and she said we needed to have the baby today. She let me come home and pack and then go back to the hospital to prepare for my c-section. I tested positive for ICP so basically bile was backing up into my liver and causing me to itch like crazy for the last month. The risk for the baby was that she could be stillborn...which is why when they saw my test results they sent me to have the baby. So Tuesday evening Addie was born at 7:45 pm. She was 8lbs. and 9oz. and 21 inches long. We came home today. Addie has lost more than 10% of her body weight... she was down to 7lbs. 12oz. 48 hours after she was born so I am very tired because of nursing her around the clock to try and get her weight up. I will try to post some pics tomorrow... I am just too tired to try to find the cable to my camera right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on the newest addition. Sorry that you had to have a scare like that, but glad that you are home and doing well. Libby
Post a Comment