
Last week Bruce started Kindergarten. The first few days were rough and I wondered if we were making the right decision...I think mainly because that is when kids around here started back to school. I know that this is the right decision for us this year and we will evaluate at the end of each year what will be best for our family. Bruce has been so excited about starting Kindergarten. He has worked pretty hard and it is amazing the things he remembers. It takes us around 2 hours or less to complete all subjects then we try to spend an hour outside for recess and after lunch we spend another hour reading picture books that Bruce and Addie choose. Our school read aloud that we started with is The Boxcar Children. Bruce loves it and even when I don't think he is listening he can tell me all the details of the chapter. There are a few poetry and fairy tale books we read out of. They are Bruce's least favorite and even with them he can tell me the poems that we have read. That is just a little bit of what we did last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment