Wednesday, October 05, 2011

6 Weeks

I know this post will not be very interesting for most...but Bruce has finished his first 6 weeks of Kindergarten and I am amazed at all he has learned.  I just wanted to have a record of it so here it goes:

Language:
  • Letters- F, B, A, M, T, R
  • Synonyms
  • Proper Nouns
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Started putting together words that said out loud to him.
Writing:
  • Story Sequencing
  • Story Elaboration
Read Alouds:
  • Box Car Children
  • The Hundred Dresses
  • My Father's Dragon
  • James Harriot's Treasury for Children
  • Fairy Tales
  • Nursery Rhymes
Math:
  • Count to 50
  • Colors and Shapes
  • Time to the hour
  • Same, different , left, right, and middle
  • Tally Marks
  • Pennies, Dimes, and 10 dollar bill
  • Ordinal Numbers
  • Calendar Skills
  • Vertical and Horizontal Addition 0-8
  • Bar Graphs
  • Patterns
  • Number Line
  • Skip Counting by 10
Bible:
  • The Patriarchs
  • Moses
  • Memory Work-- 6 verses
History:
  • Dinosaurs
  • Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, and The Vikings
Geography:
  • Egypt, Italy, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark
Biographies:
  • We have read many biographies....from the book I Heard the Good News.  This is by far my favorite book.  I love to read about all the missionaries and how they brought the gospel to different places. 
The six weeks have really flown by.  Bruce is loving school and it is amazing to watch him learn.  The next six weeks we are going to start and art study and I am looking for a music study but we may hold off for a little while on that. 

No comments: