- He started Kindergarten and is loving it. He is almost halfway done. He really is thriving being homeschooled and I am loving it. I love that I was the one able to teach him how to read. It is such a neat feeling.
- He is into Star Wars and Legos. He loves to have light saber fights.
- He had his tonsils and adnoids out. We think he may have had a throat infection the last two years and that this will help. His recovery has not been as easy as I had hoped but I think alot of it has to do with a three year old sister that likes to annoy him.
- He loves having a baby brother. He is so good with Braden and looks out for him. I am sure this will change as Braden gets into the toddler years but I am enjoying it now.
- He loves books. His only frustration now is that he wants to be able to read any book on his own.
- Still has lots of issues with how things feel. Clothes must fit excatly right and when he finds a style pants he likes we just buy enough for that season because I am just not going to fight a battle with clothes every morning.
- He is learning to take everything to God. We have several friends that have had a hard year. He still prays for them every night. It is common for him to hear about something or see something and say "mommy we need to pray for them right now". There was even a time this year when his stomach was hurting and when he came to me crying the first thing he said was mommy I have been praying and praying but it still hurts. I was amazed that he thought about going to God before ever coming to me.
- He is a child that takes everything in. He is not one that is quick to speak. When he does you are amazed by what he has observed.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Happy Birthday Bruce!
It is so hard to believe that I have been a mom for 6 years now. Some days I tear up when I look at the boy that Bruce is becoming. It has been a joy being his mom. I am so thankful that God entrusted us with him. Here is a little bit about him over the last year:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment