Friday, October 30, 2009

Bruce's Appt.

I took Bruce to UNC on Thursday. We met with a Dr. Collier in the Infectious Diseases Dept. It was a little nerve racking taking a little one to a doctor I had never met at a hospital I had never been to. We had to wait a long time on the doctor but I can say that he was worth the wait. He took his time with me asked tons of questions and then explained every one of the 22 tests he ordered. He really could not tell me anything because it was just the first meeting. We will go back in a week to go over the results. The main thing he was looking for in the tests was to determine if what Bruce had this summer was Mono. If it was his fevers are most likely coming from that. If the tests all come back negative they will then look at his sinuses to see if he has an infection in them. Now I will say I was not too impressed with the lab. Bruce has had to have blood drawn a lot lately and he has gotten much braver. So we sat down in the lab and Bruce says "Mommy I am going to be so brave today." He was very brave while they drew 10 vials of blood. No tears! I thought Yeah ! That was not so bad...THEN I see a look of OH NO on the face of the lab lady. Yes she did not draw enough blood she had to restick Bruce and draw two more vials...Needless to say he was not so brave the second time. There was lots of screaming and lots of crying. On the way to the car Bruce said "Mommy I am sorry I cried." I responded by saying that I think it is ok to cry when they have to stick you two times.

No comments: