Thursday, October 08, 2009

My day...and it is only 12:30

My day has been an adventure. It is one of those days you have to laugh or you will cry! I thought I would share a little of it with you all!
  • 3:50am...awakened to Bruce saying Mommy I need some medicine. Go in his room take his temp and of course he is still running a fever so I get him med....then he says I am going to throw up....and he did several times on the way to the bathroom. Then I realize that he had already thrown up during the night. So I give him medicine, change his sheets, clean up the carpet, mop the bathroom floor, start the washer full of his sheets and change his PJ's.
  • 4:45...try to go back to sleep but I am wide awake. I skip the treadmill to try and sleep but never could.
  • 6:30 get up and get some STRONG coffee!
  • 7:00 Addie is up....get her fed and ready to go to the doctor for her well check.
  • 8:00 call the doctor to make sure they can squeeze Bruce in during Addie's appt.
  • 8:30 wake Bruce up...he is so not happy about that.
  • 9:00 on our way to Wake Forest to the doctor.
  • 9:30 we get to the doctor only to realize Bruce's change of clothes are no longer in the car and he now has diarrhea. We go inside and I remove his undergarments but his pants are ok. Then while we are waiting on the doctor he starts to throw up...then when the doctor gets in there he has diarrhea again. So then all we had was and XL pullup boxer shorts that they had at the office.
  • Addie has her well check and she is perfect! She even got to hang out with our doctor for a while when I was cleaning up Bruce. She did not even whimper when they gave her the flu shot. The nurses were amazed. She was 33 inches and 23lbs 11oz.
  • 11:00 we are finally leaving the doctor's office. It took a little while for them to run all the tests on Bruce and they gave him some Zofran to help settle his tummy. So they wanted to watch him perk up a little bit. He just seems to have a virus but we are going back next week to have him checked out again.
  • 11:15 we are on our way home but we have to go through Louisburg to drop off Bruce's prescription for Zofran...then I hear Mommy I'm gonna be sick...yes all over the car! All the while Addie is sleeping until we got home so an afternoon nap is looking unlikely for her.
  • 11:45 we finally make it home and Bruce can not stand the boxer pull up he is wearing so I tell him he can take it off and I will get him some clothes when I get Addie out of the car. When I come back inside I hear Mommy I'm really sorry!...yes he had diarrhea on the living room floor.
  • 12:00...put clothes and booster seat cover in the washer and will clean out the car in a little bit.

I know this was long and in some cases TMI but I really needed a place to vent. I can't wait to see what my afternoon has in store for me!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

OMgosh!!!!! I'm so sorry. And I thought my carpet was dirty! (I was just looking at carpet cleaners today online...) I hope Bruce gets better and no one else gets it. Let me know if you need anything at all!